- 4 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms, onion if desired and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in water chestnuts and seasonings; heat through. Drain beans and stir into skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garden Green Beans
Sort By :
"Easy and different way to serve green beans. I took this to a potluck today and received compliments. I love the fact that the ingredients are pretty basic and that it's low in fat, carbs and calories. When I make it again I am going to add some chopped red bell pepper to the sautéed vegetables for a little burst of color."
"I make this recipe all of the time. This is our favorite way to serve green beans!!"