- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the squash, zucchini and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until the vegetables are tender; drain well.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with the mozzarella, tomato and feta cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over the cheese and tomato layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Garden Frittata
"Excellent recipe. Made for a brunch, and was a big hit. Easy to throw together and came our fluffy and flavorful. A keeper!"
"A great way to cook vegetables. I added some broccoli and omitted feta cheese. Simple to make and very tasty. My family loves it."
"I have made this several times, changed the veggies, depending on what I have.(I fry my veggies instead of microwave) Each time it has been Excellent! Don't be scared to play with cheese, veggies or herbs. Just follow the egg/ milk ratio and no worries!"
"This is wonderful taste, quick to make and a wonderful way to use fresh garden veggies. Basil and feta were a great addition."
"Really good... I added more garlic,but still seemed like it needed more seasoning."
"I was really pleased how easy this frittata was to make. I wanted something healthy when I had family over for brunch. I am not much of a cook; this dish looked really beautiful and everyone goggled it up!"
"This is a great recipe. Tasted great and easy to make."
"I substituted some fresh asparagus for the zucchini squash and served it for a brunch..we just loved it. Will definately make again!"