I created this dish one day to use up some fresh yellow squash, zucchini and tomato. It's so easy to make because you don't have to fuss with a crust. Give it different twist by trying it with whatever veggies you have on hand. —Catherine Michel O'Fallon, Missouri
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the squash, zucchini and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 7-9 minutes or until the vegetables are tender; drain well.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with the mozzarella, tomato and feta cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over the cheese and tomato layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garden Frittata in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p31
Reviews for Garden Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review