- minutes, stirring frequently.
- Allow mixture to cool and run through a sieve, food mill or food
- processor. Return the pureed mixture to the kettle. Add the sugar
- and cream. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare the croutons, rub the garlic over both sides of the bread.
- Brush with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350°
- for 10-12 minutes or until toasted. Turn and toast other side 2-3
- minutes. Just before serving, top each bowl with one or two
- croutons. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 505 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,266 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.