Garden-Fresh Taco Salad
"I'm a teen who likes to cook, and I usually fix supper during summer vacation, since my mom works. One night, I planned a sunflower theme. I made this taco salad and served it 'potted' with the chips arranged to look like a flower head!" —Holly Joyce, Jackson, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 large head lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Leaf lettuce
- Crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in half of the taco seasoning. Remove from the heat;
- stir in the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onion and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, salsa and remaining taco
- seasoning. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Line a large bowl or platter with leaf lettuce; top with taco salad.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips around edge. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without leaf lettuce and chips) equals 677 calories, 46 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 1,742 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.