- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 large head lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Leaf lettuce
- Crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in half of the taco seasoning. Remove from the heat; stir in the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onion and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Line a large bowl or platter with leaf lettuce; top with taco salad. Sprinkle tortilla chips around edge. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Taco Salad
"Liked this very much. Next time I would only make half the dressing as it made quite a bit and we didn't use it all."
" Hi Recipe-Bot, You sound like a sweet teen, I really like the idea you give here. Hubby & I love anything taco...I bet you end up as a chef somewhere good when you grow up.One of our Grandson's 16yrs old loves to cook & he really is good and picks up recipes really fast.