"I'm a teen who likes to cook, and I usually fix supper during summer vacation, since my mom works. One night, I planned a sunflower theme. I made this taco salad and served it 'potted' with the chips arranged to look like a flower head!" —Holly Joyce, Jackson, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 large head lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Leaf lettuce
- Crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in half of the taco seasoning. Remove from the heat; stir in the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onion and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Line a large bowl or platter with leaf lettuce; top with taco salad. Sprinkle tortilla chips around edge. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden-Fresh Taco Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review