Garden Fresh Summer Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrots, onion, tomatoes and zucchini. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Garden Fresh Summer Vegetable Salad
"I thought this salad was just okay, but not great. It did go together very quickly though and would be easy to double for a crowd if you like it."
"I made this salad for a pot luck at church. I made the dressing the day before. Tasted better the next day.The salad was a hit. Ok I added some things that wasn't in the recipes. I added mushrooms, broccoli, and those small peppers that are green, red and yellow and such .Everyone loved the salad and wanted the recipe. I doubled the recipe and dressing for the pot luck. Was great and I will make it again.I loved it"
"I made this to take to a family reunion. Everyone loved it. I added mushrooms to mine. I will be making this often."
"This is an excellent, fresh salad. I used extra-virgin olive oil (which I keep on hand)for the dressing, but the taste was too heavy for me. I tried extra-light olive oil and loved it."