Garden Fresh Subs
“This wonderful summer recipe came from a friend,” writes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. “With a variety of fresh garden veggies, it makes a nice meal in a hurry.” These piled-high sandwiches are gonna be a hit!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 French rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices hard salami (1/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices process American cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce), halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 thin cucumber slices
- 4 green pepper rings
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic
- salt. Spread over rolls. Layer the remaining ingredients on roll
- bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 387 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,017 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.