“This wonderful summer recipe came from a friend,” writes Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. “With a variety of fresh garden veggies, it makes a nice meal in a hurry.” These piled-high sandwiches are gonna be a hit!
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 French rolls, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices hard salami (1/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices process American cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce), halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 thin cucumber slices
- 4 green pepper rings
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Spread over rolls. Layer the remaining ingredients on roll bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Subs in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p7
Reviews for Garden Fresh Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review