Garden Fresh Salad Recipe
Frugal farm women like myself enjoy fixing meals from their own gardens. This is one of the best salads I've ever tried. It tastes like a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich (without the bread)! My whole family loves it.
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill. Combine dressing ingredients; just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 397 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Garden Fresh Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC