Garden Fresh Salad Recipe
Frugal farm women like myself enjoy fixing meals from their own gardens. This is one of the best salads I've ever tried. It tastes like a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich (without the bread)! My whole family loves it.
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill. Combine dressing ingredients; just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Salad in Country April/May 1994, p49
Reviews for Garden Fresh Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2009
This salad is amazing! Nothing but compliments every time I have served it!!