A parent from a school I previously taught at, gave me this recipe, and I think of that parent and child every time I make this potato salad. It's dressing with a fresh basil vinaigrette.—Dee Dee Calow, Warren, Illinois
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in beans; cover and cook 10-12 minutes longer or vegetables are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir before serving; top with eggs and tomatoes. Yield: 20 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Summer Bounty Potato Salad in Diabetes Spring 2013 2013
Reviews for Garden Fresh Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review