Nothing equals the taste of an ice-cold bowl of gazpacho on a hot summer day I was hooked from the first spoonful! I found this recipe when I was looking for something to make with the abundance of tomatoes from my garden.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish each serving
- with croutons. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without croutons) equals 94 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.