Garden-Fresh Gazpacho Recipe
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned croutons
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish each serving with croutons. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 94 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Gazpacho
"Loved this recipe! It's really fast and easy. This is really excellent picnic fare! I spiced it up with some fresh jalapeno peppers."
"Perfect! First time making Gazpacho, so I don't know yet what could be better. This seemed to cover all the bases."
"I didn't care for this dish. It tasted unfinished. The taste reminded me of a shrimp cocktail."