Nothing equals the taste of an ice-cold bowl of gazpacho on a hot summer day— I was hooked from the first spoonful! I found this recipe when I was looking for something to make with the abundance of tomatoes from my garden.
- 3 cups chopped seeded peeled fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish each serving with croutons. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Gazpacho in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p12
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Gazpacho
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review