Fresh vegetables right from the garden make this a special dish that is quick, easy, economical and downright delicious! Sometimes I add snow peas, too. —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers or sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers and onions in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; saute 4-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a large bowl; add vegetable mixture and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 378 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.