Fresh vegetables right from the garden make this a special dish that is quick, easy, economical and downright delicious! Sometimes I add snow peas, too. —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers or sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; saute 4-5 minutes. Drain pasta. Transfer to a large bowl; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden-Fresh Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p21
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2012
"Delicious side dish, particularly in the summer."
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2011
"Loved it! My 4 and 5 year old daughters even liked it and all the leftovers were gobbled up, too!"