Garden-Fresh Chef Salad
For a lot of the year, I can use my garden's produce when I make this cool salad. In spring, it's salad mix and radishes, and in summer, we have tomatoes, cabbage and carrots. What a good feeling! —Evelyn Gubernath, Bucyrus, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 slices deli turkey, cut into thin strips
- 3 slices deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Thousand Island salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Sprinkle with
- garlic powder and pepper; toss to coat. Serve with salad dressing.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 227 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.