Garden-Fresh Bruschetta Recipe
This easy-to-fix bruschetta can be served as an appetizer or as a colorful side dish. —Rachel Garcia, Fort Knox, Kentucky
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 14 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Rub cut side of garlic over one side of each slice of bread. Place bread garlic side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, minced basil, salt and pepper; spoon about 2 tablespoons onto each piece of toast. Top each with a basil leaf. Yield: 14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Bruschetta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC