After taking an inventory of all the fresh produce from my mom's garden, we created this fresh salsa recipe. It's a hit every summer when the harvest comes in. —Erin Davis, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Recommended: Top 10 Salsa Recipes
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over salsa; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 32 servings (1/4 cup each).
Originally published as Garden-Fresh Black Bean Salsa in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p14
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Garden-Fresh Black Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review