Garden Focaccia Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Using your fingertips, press indentations in the dough. Brush with oil; sprinkle with rosemary and thyme. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion and garlic. Spread over crust. Top with mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 20 slices.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden Focaccia(3)
Sort By :
This sounds good. Going to give it a try. I use zucchini in place of cucumbers in my salads since cukes don't agree with me. I slice thinner than what a would normally do cuke. Works great. Even used the zucchini in my "tomato cucumber" salad for a picnic the other day. No one said anything, not sure they even noticed it wasn't cukes. We make it every summer, you know just a simple layer of sliced garden tomatos, onion, cukes (or zucchini :) ), drizzled with a batch of Good Season Italian. Sometimes I add sliced or small banana peppers too.
Fabulous! So much flavor and texture! And SUCH a better way to use Zucchini!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >