Garden Fish Packets Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pounds cod or haddock
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Drizzle the butter over eight pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Cut fish into eight portions; place one portion on each piece of foil. Sprinkle all with seasoned salt and lemon-pepper. Top with vegetables and cheese.
- 2. Loosely wrap foil around fish; seal top and sides. Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open foil; transfer fish and vegetables to serving plates. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 185 mg cholesterol, 1,392 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 70 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.