Garden Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
This recipe comes from my husband's great-grandmother. It's especially good with ripe tomatoes from the garden, but drained canned tomatoes may also be used.—Maxine Foreman, Columbus, Nebraska
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onions. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 40 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Garden Cucumber Tomato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC