Garden Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onions. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 40 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Garden Cucumber Tomato Salad
"Perfect summer fresh vegetable salad!"
"Refreshing summer salad."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I did change a few things in the recipe due to what I had on hand. I left out green pepper. I also used red onion instead of green onion. I used olive oil instead of water. I will definitely be making this recipe again. I really liked it!"
"I like the idea of adding the green and waxed beans to the vinegar dressing. Yum!"
"I didnt have the green pepper but I added white and yellow onion and green and wax beans. Turned out wonderful!!!"
"This recipe is soooooo yummy, even my boyfriend ate it (and he's not too fond of raw chunky tomatoes)."