- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and onions. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in water, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir; serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Garden Cucumber Tomato Salad
"Perfect summer fresh vegetable salad!"
"Refreshing summer salad."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I did change a few things in the recipe due to what I had on hand. I left out green pepper. I also used red onion instead of green onion. I used olive oil instead of water. I will definitely be making this recipe again. I really liked it!"
"I like the idea of adding the green and waxed beans to the vinegar dressing. Yum!"
"I didnt have the green pepper but I added white and yellow onion and green and wax beans. Turned out wonderful!!!"