Garden Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup warm tomato juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the tomato juice, water, egg and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the carrot, celery and onion; stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- 3. Place, point side down, 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Garden Crescent Rolls
"My mom made these & I lost the recipe.I made it using the updated method here & it is the same as I remember, though next time I will probably not buy the mix.My mom always put a drop of Tabasco sauce in each crescent before rolling.I was out so put a little cayenne pepper in the parmesan /garlic powder mix.I also added minced garlic to the veggies. Thank you so much Dawn Conlan for giving me back this great recipe! I froze 1/2the dough b4 rolling it out so I can enjoy again soon!"
"I have been hunting for this recipe for years . delicious!"