Garden Crescent Rolls Recipe
"I adapted an old family recipe to take advantage of the handy roll mixes that are available these days," explains Dawn Conlan of Woodbridge, Virgina. "These savory crescents are a must at holiday get-togethers and special occasions."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup warm tomato juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the tomato juice, water, egg and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the carrot, celery and onion; stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- 3. Place, point side down, 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC