Garden Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup warm tomato juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the tomato juice, water, egg and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the carrot, celery and onion; stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- Place, point side down, 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Garden Crescent Rolls in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p15
Reviews for Garden Crescent Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2009
I have been hunting for this recipe for years . delicious!