- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garden Coleslaw
"Cole was good, but I have other recipes I prefer. More of a crisp type coleslaw. My mother-in-law's has a similar recipe except she adds tomatoes."
"Somehow we just didn't find this coleslaw as great as indicated it would be. Disappointed."
"Oh my goodness!! This is so light and delicious!! I added 1/3 cup chopped red pepper to give it a bit more color, and overall, the salad is delish! Will definitely make again!"
"Nice, subtle flavor."
"I have made this my go to coleslaw recipe. Its different then your average slaw dressing but I like this much better. The only change I make is adding a little more cream then the recipe calls for (to taste) just because I like mine to have less of a mayonnaise flavor. Just a person preference. Recipe is great as is."
"This is a GREAT coleslaw. Quite different from the traditional and so easy to make. I used lite mayo and would probably add a little more onion and green pepper next time."
"This is THE best coleslaw recipe I have come across. easy to prepare and great taste."