As soon as the first head of cabbage was barely big enough to harvest, Mom made this refreshing slaw. We kids shredded the cabbage while Mom whipped up the delicious, sweet cream dressing. —Ginny Werkmeister, Tilden NE
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Coleslaw in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p65
Reviews for Garden Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review