Garden Cobb Salad Recipe
This sensational salad is my favorite for a ladies' lunch…but men and kids eat it up, too. Presenting it in a flowerpot emphasizes its garden-fresh goodness. Be prepared to pot up more fixings when guests come back for seconds.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 romaine leaves
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Edible pansies, optional
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Line an 8-in. decorative flowerpot with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl. Arrange romaine around the edge; fill with mixed greens. Arrange the bacon, avocado, chicken, tomatoes and eggs in a spoke pattern over greens. Garnish with pansies if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cups: 431 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Garden Cobb Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC