This sensational salad is my favorite for a ladies' lunch…but men and kids eat it up, too. Presenting it in a flowerpot emphasizes its garden-fresh goodness. Be prepared to pot up more fixings when guests come back for seconds.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 romaine leaves
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Edible pansies, optional
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line an 8-in. decorative flowerpot with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl. Arrange romaine around the edge; fill with mixed greens. Arrange the bacon, avocado, chicken, tomatoes and eggs in a spoke pattern over greens. Garnish with pansies if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Cobb Salad in Country Woman May 2007, p29
Reviews for Garden Cobb Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"Very colorful and refreshing salad. Liked the blue cheese dressing recipe too... I served it as a tossed salad with the dressing on the side... and skipped the pansies!"