This sensational salad is my favorite for a ladies' lunch…but men and kids eat it up, too. Presenting it in a flowerpot emphasizes its garden-fresh goodness. Be prepared to pot up more fixings when guests come back for seconds.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 romaine leaves
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Edible pansies, optional
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line an 8-in. decorative flowerpot with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl. Arrange romaine around the edge; fill with mixed greens. Arrange the bacon, avocado, chicken, tomatoes and eggs in a spoke pattern over greens. Garnish with pansies if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Cobb Salad in Country Woman May 2007, p29
Reviews for Garden Cobb Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"Very colorful and refreshing salad. Liked the blue cheese dressing recipe too... I served it as a tossed salad with the dressing on the side... and skipped the pansies!"