Garden Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- TOMATO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Divide greens between two salad plates. Combine the chickpeas, parsley, carrot, zucchini, onions, cheese, radishes and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup over chickpea mixture and toss to coat. Spoon chickpea mixture over greens. Drizzle salads with remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 492 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.