Garden Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- TOMATO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Divide greens between two salad plates. Combine the chickpeas, parsley, carrot, zucchini, onions, cheese, radishes and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup over chickpea mixture and toss to coat. Spoon chickpea mixture over greens. Drizzle salads with remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden Chickpea Salad(4)
Sort By :
Really enjoyed this.....I like a bit of kick to my food so just added a little hot sauce to the vinaigrette, also cut back on the olive oil. Served the feta separate as the kids don't care for it.
For a little "kick" I added a 2 tablespoons of Melinas "Pepperino" to the olive oil
GREAT salad! I doubled the chickpea amount and had a great meatless main dish salad.
Garden chickpea salad is a family favourite in our home and one we make when we have company coming or just want a simple meal. It tastes so good, we don't usually change much, just the flavour is about all. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pea Salads >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >