Leftover chicken finds a delicious place in this refreshing salad. “The first time I served this to my in-laws, my father-in-law teased me about becoming a gourmet cook,” Polly Thayer recalls from Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, snow peas and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garden Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garden Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review