Garden Chicken Panini
Giardiniera, a pickled vegetable mixture, is available in mild and hot varieties and can be found in the Italian or pickle section of your grocery store.
You can also cook the sandwiches on an indoor panini grill.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) refrigerated breaded chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup giardiniera
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat chicken tenders in the microwave according to package
- directions. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place four
- slices, buttered side down, on a griddle or panini grill. Spread
- each slice with 1 tablespoon tomato sauce; top with two to three
- chicken tenders, 1 tablespoon giardiniera and two slices of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread, butter side up. Cook over medium heat
- until golden brown, turning once if using a griddle. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 653 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 1,567 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.