- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine green peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, broth, wine, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until chicken is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garden Chicken Cacciatore
Sort By :
"I used vegetarian chicken cutlets instead of the chicken thighs; and I served them on croissants for lunch. Very delicious. Thanks, Martha, for sharing this recipe."
"I can only rate this recipe on the ingredients and the easy directions, since I have not yet made it - but it sounds very tasty. I'll definitely make this on a busy day. Twelve servings you say? Not as far as my guys are concerned (LOL)! : )"
"Really good, easy, and economical. Family loved it! Prepared as written."
"I added cooked rice to the pot, and it was great."
"We tried this last week for the first time, and everyone loved it. It's a keeper!"