- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced chives and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini, onion and potatoes in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat. Pour 1-1/2 cups egg mixture into skillet. Arrange half of the tomatoes over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 14-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and additional cheddar cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Garden Cheddar Frittata
Sort By :
This was fairly simple, but not very flavorful.
Yummy! I've made this twice, the first time I added some green bell pepper. The second time I added bell pepper and a little browned breakfast sausage!
Great dish for a crowd. I doubled it and served it for a football party last year. I'm making it again for our "first game of the year" party.
I haven't tried it yet. Plan to make it soon.
Quite tasty! We added some red and orange bell peppers, but you could add any of your favorite veggies for a nice, wholesome breakfast!