Garden Cheddar Frittata Recipe
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced chives and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini, onion and potatoes in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat. Pour 1-1/2 cups egg mixture into skillet. Arrange half of the tomatoes over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 14-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and additional cheddar cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wedge (calculated without chives and additional cheese) equals 251 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 307 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.