The potato crust on this pretty fritatta is so easy to make, and everyone will love the taste. I’ve made it with goat cheese, too, and it’s delicious. You can also use other vegetables if you like.
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced chives and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini, onion and potatoes in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat. Pour 1-1/2 cups egg mixture into skillet. Arrange half of the tomatoes over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 14-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and additional cheddar cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Cheddar Fritatta in Country October/November 2010, p52
Reviews for Garden Cheddar Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review