Garden Cheddar Frittata Recipe
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced chives and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet saute zucchini, onion and potatoes in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat. Pour 1-1/2 cups egg mixture into skillet. Arrange half of the tomatoes over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 14-18 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and additional cheddar cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Garden Cheddar Frittata(5)
Sort By :
Yummy! I've made this twice, the first time I added some green bell pepper. The second time I added bell pepper and a little browned breakfast sausage!
Great dish for a crowd. I doubled it and served it for a football party last year. I'm making it again for our "first game of the year" party.
I haven't tried it yet. Plan to make it soon.
Quite tasty! We added some red and orange bell peppers, but you could add any of your favorite veggies for a nice, wholesome breakfast!
Great recipe. I did not have a zucchini so I used broccoli instead. Also had some baby yukon gold potatoes, so no need to peel. Great way to use up some veggies without meat! We will make this again
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Frittata >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >