- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the first five ingredients but do not dry; chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Add to vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add to salad; toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Garden Bow Tie Salad
"This was very good. I used olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Did not use italian salad dressing mix."
"Made for a birthday party. People liked it!"
"Things to notice about his recipe...it is 24 servings and it requires many hours of refrigeration. The flavor of this salad was good. I wonder how each Italian dressing brand differs one to another. My two little boys even ate it without a protest. We left out the green bell pepper. My husband and I were wanting some fat in it though like some feta or cubed cheese or olives. I will probably make this again as it was one healthy side dish!"
"The recipe sounds great...one question though and maybe I overlooked the answer. When do you add the other 3 vegetables? I have made pasta salads before, but the method is different."
"Please make your recipes pinable!"
"Absolutely delicious! I used garlic and herb dressing mix, and added salami, mushrooms and fresh diced tomatoes. This disappeared in a big hurry!"
"This is a great recipe. You can add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. I use zesty Italian dressing to speed things up. I've also added ham and mini pepperoni occasionally. It never sits for very long, my husband devours it!!"
"This is great and easy. I used spring onions instead of red because that is what I had on hand. I also added mushrooms. I think it would be great with grilled chicken for a light meal."