- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the first five ingredients but do not dry; chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Add to vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add to salad; toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Garden Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. You can add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. I use zesty Italian dressing to speed things up. I've also added ham and mini pepperoni occasionally. It never sits for very long, my husband devours it!!
This is great and easy. I used spring onions instead of red because that is what I had on hand. I also added mushrooms. I think it would be great with grilled chicken for a light meal.
I don't normally like pasta salad, but I even I enjoyed this!
Okay, folks, this is a real winner. Absolutely delicious and very easy to prepare. I made the veggie part and put in the fridge overnight and finished with the pasta and dressing the next day. Thumbs up and five stars for this little gem. It is definitely going to a pot luck with me.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >