- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the first five ingredients but do not dry; chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Add to vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add to salad; toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Garden Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
The recipe sounds great...one question though and maybe I overlooked the answer. When do you add the other 3 vegetables? I have made pasta salads before, but the method is different.
Please make your recipes pinable!
Absolutely delicious! I used garlic and herb dressing mix, and added salami, mushrooms and fresh diced tomatoes. This disappeared in a big hurry!
This is a great recipe. You can add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. I use zesty Italian dressing to speed things up. I've also added ham and mini pepperoni occasionally. It never sits for very long, my husband devours it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Garden Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >