- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash the first five ingredients but do not dry; chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining vegetables. Sprinkle with dry dressing mix; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Add to vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add to salad; toss to coat. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Garden Bow Tie Salad
Sort By :
"Made for a birthday party. People liked it!"
"Things to notice about his recipe...it is 24 servings and it requires many hours of refrigeration. The flavor of this salad was good. I wonder how each Italian dressing brand differs one to another. My two little boys even ate it without a protest. We left out the green bell pepper. My husband and I were wanting some fat in it though like some feta or cubed cheese or olives. I will probably make this again as it was one healthy side dish!"
"The recipe sounds great...one question though and maybe I overlooked the answer. When do you add the other 3 vegetables? I have made pasta salads before, but the method is different."
"Please make your recipes pinable!"
"Absolutely delicious! I used garlic and herb dressing mix, and added salami, mushrooms and fresh diced tomatoes. This disappeared in a big hurry!"