Garden Bounty Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green or sweet red pepepr, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-in. slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound large fresh mushrooms
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the dipping sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (2 kabobs with 5 tablespoons of sauce) equals 369 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.