- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces)sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain all beans; place in a large bowl. Add the green pepper, celery, pimientos and green onions; set aside. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Garden Bean Salad
Sort By :
"best recipe yet!"
"I make this every summer. We love it."
"Very good, my go to bean salad."
"I've made this recipe for many potlucks and large parties. It's always a hit. Boiling the dressing helps the flavors to really blend in nicely."
"we make this a lot during the summer. We use Splenda instead of sugar."