My mother gave me this crunchy bean salad recipe many years ago, and I often take it to covered-dish dinners. It looks especially attractive served in a glass bowl to show off the colorful vegetables. — Bernice McFadden, Eaton, Ohio.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces)sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain all beans; place in a large bowl. Add the green pepper, celery, pimientos and green onions; set aside. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Garden Bean Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p39
Reviews for Garden Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review