- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces)sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Drain all beans; place in a large bowl. Add the green pepper, celery, pimientos and green onions; set aside. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Garden Bean Salad
"best recipe yet!"
"I make this every summer. We love it."
"Very good, my go to bean salad."
"I've made this recipe for many potlucks and large parties. It's always a hit. Boiling the dressing helps the flavors to really blend in nicely."
"we make this a lot during the summer. We use Splenda instead of sugar."
"Our family always made the 3 bean salad with italian dressing. This one replaced it. It is sweet and crunchy and yummy!!!"