Garden Barley Salad Recipe
This light side dish created by the Test Kitchen is great if you've never tried couscous. With light lemon dressing, complemented by tomato and green onion, it's perfect for a change of pace.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in barley and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup: 232 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 9g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Garden Barley Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC