- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in barley and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until barley is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Garden Barley Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p17
Reviews for Garden Barley Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review