My son loves anything with coconut milk, so I always keep some on hand for weeknight meals like this one. For a milder version, I like to use red or yellow curry paste instead of green. —Marie Parker, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- In a large skillet, combine cauliflower, beans, coconut milk, curry paste and salt. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the skillet. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Sprinkle cauliflower mixture with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garbanzo-Vegetable Green Curry in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p14
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Garbanzo-Vegetable Green Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review