Garbanzo-Vegetable Green Curry Recipe
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1. In a large skillet, combine cauliflower, beans, coconut milk, curry paste and salt. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the skillet. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Sprinkle cauliflower mixture with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup with 2/3 cup rice equals 516 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 646 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.