- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- In a large skillet, combine cauliflower, beans, coconut milk, curry paste and salt. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the skillet. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Sprinkle cauliflower mixture with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Garbanzo-Vegetable Green Curry
"This was fantastic! I used red curry instead of green-- I've never had green curry and I have a toddler and knew that red curry wouldn't be so spicy-- and low fat coconut milk. I'm not sure what happened, but somehow it ended up being very liquid-y and took a while to thicken. Once it finally did, all was well, though. I loved that this was filling without being heavy. I will definitely make this again! (And I may even try yellow curry at some point, or different veggies.)"
"This was a very quick dinner to prepare. My advantage is my pantry being stocked for foods I like best. My love for Thai food and curries means I usually have canned coconut milk and prepared curries on hand. I also keep a variety of frozen vegetables In the freezer and canned beans in my pantry. When I read the ingredients I didn't have to purchase any extra ingredients. My husband and I loved it for the great flavor and I also loved the convenience! It also has become a staple in our menus of no meat meals. Thank you!"