Mini peppers are so colorful and they're the perfect size for a two-bite appetizer. They have all the crunch of a pita chip, without the extra calories. —Christine Hanover, Lewiston, California
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add garbanzo beans, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p10
Reviews for Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review