Mini peppers are so colorful and they're the perfect size for a two-bite appetizer. They have all the crunch of a pita chip, without the extra calories. —Christine Hanover, Lewiston, California
Featured In: Stuffed Peppers Recipes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 miniature sweet peppers, halved lengthwise
- Additional fresh cilantro leaves
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add chickpeas, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p10
Reviews for Garbanzo-Stuffed Mini Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2017
"I didn't care much for these. Nice flavors but didn't meld well with raw peppers."
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2015
"I absolutely loved this recipe, delicious. Such great flavor!"