Garbanzo Cucumber Salad
This crisp, refreshing salad is great for a barbecue or potluck.—Sharon Semph, Victorville, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately or
- chill up to 24 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.