- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Serve immediately or chill up to 24 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGarbanzo Cucumber Salad
"We really like this one. And heaven forbid, it's healthy! I did add a little more lemon -both rind and juice, and may add more next time, as I love the lemon flavor. And maybe more parsley. I did add some Feta cheese, which was a good option. I will most certainly make this again, but may double it. yummm!"